The House of the Counts
The County of Lumbrales is a Spanish noble title created in 1888 by the Queen Regent María Cristina, during the minority of King Alfonso XIII, in favor of Ricardo Jaime Pinto da Costa y Fernández, Portuguese businessman and consul in La Fregeneda, for his decisive impulse in the construction of the railway that would link the nuclei of La Fuente de San Esteban and Barca d'Alba until 1985.
Ricardo Pinto da Costa was married to Francisca Bartol, from Lumbra, daughter of the owners of the site that today is known as the "grandparents' house." There he built his home and, next to it, he built the mansion where he waited to receive the queen on the occasion of the inauguration of the Boadilla-Barca d'Alva railway. In the end, María Cristina de Borbón, then regent for the minority of Alfonso XIII, did not attend the appointment, but she did, although months later, the Infanta Isabel, known as la chata, whom the Count entertained with a splendid banquet in the aforementioned palace, today the Tourist Information Center of the Vetón Territory. Emilio García Guitián recreated , they are his ingenuity and fantasy, that historical visit.
María Gabriela Morgado Muller, widow of Ricardo Pinto da Costa Leite, third Count of Lumbrales, sold the property to the Lumbrales City Council on February 24, 1968.
The building, where today the Visitor Reception Center of the Vetón Territory is located, is a modernist construction with Portuguese influence that began in the last quarter of the 19th century, ending in 1887. It has two floors and a garden. On the lower floor is the reception and information office, where you can learn about the possibilities that the visit to the Vetón Territory (castros de Yecla la Vieja and Las Merchanas) offers, and the room designed to recreate the environment in which Ricardo Pinto da Costa, with audiovisuals about its history and its relationship with the House itself in which it is located in Centro, the emergence of the La Fuente de San Esteban-Barca d'Alba railway line and El Castro de Las Merchanas . On the upper floor, the room of the Archaeological Museum and a textile loom from the 20th century.